I spent about 20 minutes looking online and found several news items to do with child abuse within Jehovah’s Witnesses. I have placed the links below. They are not from ‘apostate’ sources and it took me only 20 minutes online to find them, they give a snapshot of recent events.
If you choose not to read them then I would like to make a few points you should be aware of:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses still do not have proper child safeguard policies in place
- They do not cooperate with the police when asked about someone’s confession to child abuse
- They will not warn parents when a paedophile is in their congregation
- They allow paedophiles to go door to door meeting families with children
- They do not check registers such as Disclosure Scotland for any member
I could go on as there are many other issues where they side with paedophiles and abuse the victims further.
Any parent that has any feelings of wanting to protect their family would want to make sure that their children are no where near these people. If JWs are wrong in this respect I would like you to ask yourself in what other ways are they wrong? I know the answer to that question and it scares me that my children would be exposed to it.
I implore you to think carefully about safeguarding your children, what justification can there be to allowing your young impressionable ones to associate with these people?