For several years I have been passionate about highlighting the huge problem that is being kept ‘secret’ within Jehovah’s Witnesses. Every now and then investigative journalists pick up the story and run with it.
Here are some articles that Sarah Marsh has been producing, which is very encouraging in getting the message out there.
Jehovah’s Witnesses accused of silencing victims of child abuse
MPs demand action over Jehovah’s Witness abuse allegations
Child sexual abuse inquiry considers Jehovah’s Witnesses UK investigation
We still need to see action taken against Watchtower for many reasons including:
- Hiding sex crimes through non reporting and non cooperation with authorities
- Allowing perpetrators to remain anonymous within congregations
- Making billions of dollars tax free by having charity status yet not doing any charitable work
- Shunning ex members including Child Sex Abuse survivors, telling close family members to have zero contact with exJW relatives
- Insisting on the Two Witness Rule meaning no follow up to an allegation of a sex crime if there were no witnesses